Your future home: 5 things to do to start preparing now.
We want your home financing experience to go as smoothly as possible from start to finish!
Here’s a brief list of things you can do to help get to the closing table quickly and prevent possible delays.
YOUR MORTGAGE “TO DO” LIST:
- DO provide us with your homeowner insurance agent’s contact information as soon as possible. If you don’t have existing homeowner insurance, now is the time to talk to an agent.
- DO keep copies of all new pay stubs, tax returns, bank statements and any other asset documentation.
- DO keep proof that your earnest money and option deposits have cleared your account by keeping a copy of the cancelled check(s) – front and back – and the bank statement showing funds cleared.
- DO notify us immediately if any of the following change: employment, income, assets, credit history, marital status or address. We will work with you to determine what effect these changes may have on your mortgage application.
- DO submit a completed gift letter if your loan allows gift funds and you plan to accept them. The letter must be signed by all gift donors and borrowers.
Of course this list isn’t all-encompassing – and each loan applicant has unique circumstances – so let’s get started on YOUR list!
You may also want to learn things not to do when preparing to buy a home.